Man charged in DUI crash that sent newspaper editor to hospital | Crime
A man is facing charges after a car crash that sent an East Tennessee newspaper publisher to the hospital.
Dan Hall, publisher of Monroe County's Daily News Express, spent time in a hospital's intensive care unit after another driver crossed the center line in Greenback and hit his vehicle.
The driver, Nicholas Steffa, is now charged with fourth offense DUI and vehicular assault.
Steffa also has outstanding warrants in Monroe and Blount Counties, and a probation violation in Dade County, Georgia.
He is not in jail because of a medical furlough tied to his injuries from the crash. Hall suffered broken bones and cuts to the face. He is slowly recovering from his injuries.
Top McMinn - Monroe Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Students, alumni prepare to say goodbye to old Greenback School
- Vendors will line parts of U.S. 11 over next four days
- Holocaust suvivors share their experiences with Lenoir City students
- Loudon County donates 16K pounds of food to Good Samaritan pantry
- TVA monitoring river levels as heavy rain is expected